Dorothy L. Modglin, nee Ziska, 89, life long resident of Belleville, IL, born Sunday, May 4, 1919, in East St Louis, IL, died Wednesday, March 11, 2009 at Caseyville Nursing & Rehabilitation Center in Caseyville, IL.
Mrs. Modglin retired in 1978 as a legal secretary to the late Judge William P. Fleming and St. Clair County Probation Officer. She was a member of Blessed Sacrament Catholic Church in Belleville, IL, St Ann's Sodality, Quilters Club and American Legion Auxiliary (8 and 40 Club).
She is preceded in death by:
She is survived by:
- Husband of 40 years: Hiram R. Modglin who died July 9, 1989
- Son: John Modglin
- Parents: Joseph and Mary nee Pensoneau Ziska
- Brothers: Joseph, William, Alvin, LeRoy, Norman Pensoneau and Loren Bates
Memorials: In lieu of flowers memorials may be made to Belleville Area Humane Society.
- Daughter: Elizabeth Bowie and husband Jackie Henderson of Killeen, TX
- Wendy Bowie of Burnet, TX
- Tammy Bowie of Austin, TX
- 5 Great Grandchildren
- 2 Great Great Granddaughters
- Dorothie Modglin
- Doris Bates
- Special Friends
- Ed & Judy Owens & Family of Troy, IL
- Claire Fleming & Family of O'Fallon, IL
- Mike & Marcia Yingst of Belleville, IL
Visitation: Friends may call from 9-9:45 A.M., Saturday, March 14, 2009 at Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, IL.
Funeral: A funeral procession will leave from Kurrus Funeral Home at 9:45am, Saturday, March 14, 2009 for a 10:00am Memorial Mass at Blessed Sacrament Catholic Church with Father Matthew Elie officiating. Per her request cremation was held. There will be a private family interment at Mount Carmel Cemetery in Belleville, IL.