Norman C. "Norm" Blumyer
Norman C. "Norm" Blumyer, 98, of Swansea, Illinois, born Monday, December 29, 1913, in Swansea, IL, died Sunday, July 22, 2012 at his residence in Swansea, Illinois.
Norman worked and retired after 30 years of service as a Journeyman Machinist for Switzer Candy Company. He was a member of Holy Trinity Catholic Church Fairview Heights Illinois, Active in Holy Name Society at Former St. Phillips Parish in East Saint Louis 1955-1965.
He was preceded in death by his:
- Wife: Muriel M. nee Callahan Blumyer
- Parents: Edward and Matilda nee Horton Blumyer
- Brother: Edward Blumyer
- Brother and Sister-in-law: Charles (Margaret) Blumyer
- Sister and Brother-in-law: Carmen (Bob) Braun
Surviving are his:
- Dianne (Tom) Blackburn of Fairview Heights, IL
- Marcia (Jerry) Altepeter of Swansea, IL
- Nancy (Ned) Crocken of Fairview Heights, IL
- Kristina (Charles) Wasserott
- Brian Sheary
- Jeffrey (Pennie) Sheary Sr.
- Amy (Dr. Demetrios) Katsikas
- Rebecca Wasserott
- Courtney Wasserott
- Jeffrey Sheary Jr.
- Elizabeth Sheary
- Ella Katsikas
- Ava Katsikas
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Heartland Hospice
Visitation: Friends may call from 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm Sunday, July 29, 2012 at Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, Illinois.
Funeral: Funeral services will be held at 6:00 pm Sunday, July 29, 2012 at Kurrus Funeral Home with Father Dennis Voss officiating. Interment will be held privately at St. Clair Memorial Park in Fairview Heights, Illinois.
Condolences left for Norman C. "Norm" Blumyer:
Norm was in our life for eight years while we were neighbors of Marcia and Jerry. He will be in our hearts forever. Sweet, generous, slightly shy and ever the gentlemen. We will never forget him or his gift of Marcia to the world. Our condolences to the entire family.
Sam Henderson/David Czibik Bermuda Dune California 92203